[AFS3-std] AFS-3 64-bit time I-D

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Sat, 19 Mar 2011 15:02:07 +0000

On 7 Mar 2011, at 21:33, Andrew Deason wrote:

> I've published an I-D defining a couple of types to be used for time =
in
> future RPCs ("RPC refresh", ubik, and the like):

One further issue with this is what happens with a time of "0". In a =
number of our RPCs, a time of 0 has a special meaning - for example, it =
implies an unlimited lifetime in some of the security code. I'd like to =
suggest that in whatever conversions we do between Unix time and AFS =
time, 0 retain that special meaning, so a Unix time of 0 translates to =
an AFS time of 0, and vice versa.

S.