[AFS3-std] Re: rxgk ClientInfo and TokenInfo

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:45:26 -0600

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 11:05:56 -0500 (EST)
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> It seems that the ClientInfo structure contains all of the fields of
> the TokenInfo structure (in the same order, even!).  I would like to
> make ClientInfo contain a TokenInfo instead of repeating all the
> fields.  Both structures are in the rxgk document already.

I'm not sure if the 'errorcode' in those is conceptually the same?
TokenInfo.errorcode is an error for CombineTokens/AFSCombineTokens,
where ClientInfo.errorcode is an error for GSSNegotiate.

I don't know if that really matters; they both need a 32-bit error, and
they both have a 32-bit error. But it seems odd to me to either
duplicate the errorcode field, or have the GSSNegotiate error be in
ClientInfo.tokeninfo.errorcode (but maybe that's just me?).

You could treat errorcode as separate, and just have the rest of the
clients moved into another structure, TokenOptions or TokenDetails or
something. But if that doesn't seem necessary, just putting a TokenInfo
in ClientInfo seems fine.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net