[Comerrers] Welcome and proposal

Love lha@stacken.kth.se
09 May 2002 21:15:01 +0200

Love <lha@stacken.kth.se> writes:

> So you mean that the domain for the kerberos5 package name will be
> something like this, where number2name is the reverse of name2number() in
> compile_et, awk/perl-foo
>
>         "et_" | number2name(error_code)
>
> Guess that will work. None will have a clue that message catalog the file
> is for, but then I guess you should use you package system for that.

So the gettext version of the function that is passed in the com_err lib
will do something like this:

Function gets the err_string and calls dgettext("et"| num.., err_string)
and returns the result.

But that assumes that .mo files are installed in the libintl's default path
(/usr/{local,}/share/locale). I'm pretty sure there are packages that
doesn't get install there. So how should com_err know here the .mo files
are installed ?

Love