AFS on SAN?

Atro Tossavainen Atro.Tossavainen@helsinki.fi
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:43:52 +0300 (EET DST)

> Our management is contemplating incorporating AFS into an
> enterprise-wide move to SAN instead of locally attached disk.
> This would obviously remove the replication advantage of AFS,

Out of my huge cell of two servers, one has local disk, the other is on
SAN. Of course, our SAN is rather small, too -- we have a RA8000 box
that's split between a PeeCee and UNIX...

Yeah, UFS is a drag on several-hundred-gigabyte file systems :-)

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,