Can one find a mount point just knowing the volume name?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:05:16 -0500

On Thursday, February 08, 2001 11:43:27 -0600, "Neulinger, Nathan R."
<nneul@umr.edu> wrote:
+-----
| >         $vol = `fs lsmount $name`;
|
| I hope you don't plan on running that script with a user that has any
| privileges as you've got a gaping security hole right there.
+--->8

Of late I've become quite a fan of quotemeta for this purpose:

	$vol = `/usr/afsws/bin/fs lsm \Q$name`;

It's overkill but it works.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net