AFS and RAID again - CMD?

R.Ries@tu-bs.de R.Ries@tu-bs.de
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:16:51 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Mike W Ellwood wrote:

> Many thanks for all who responded to my query
> (and subsequent ones), on AFS and RAID.
>

> Does anyone have any experience of CMD RAID conrtollers
> (I'm specifically looking at a system incorporating
> a CMD-CRD5440-104 RAID controller).

We use a CMD RAID-System Type CRD 5500 with 2 controllers and 3
RAID-Sets with 5 x 18 GB each for our AFS Fileservers since 3 years.
They appeared to be very stable; we had one outage because of
high temperature failure, so one of the power units failed and it was
impossible to replace that unit during operation.

Another CMD CRD 5440 is used by a mailserver, but it is to new for us
to say something about reliability.

> Thanks very much.
>
> Mike Ellwood                                      Mike.Ellwood@rl.ac.uk
>                speaking for himself, and not for:
>                CCLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
>                      Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon
>                      GB           OX11 0QX
> Tel: 01235-446161                                 Fax:01235-446626

Mit freundl. Gruessen
Reinhard Ries

Reinhard Ries                          email:      R.Ries@tu-bs.de
Rechenzentrum TU Braunschweig          Tel.:       0531/391 5531
Systembetreuung                        Fax:        0531/391 5549
Hans-Sommer-Str. 65
D - 38106 Braunschweig