db servers separate hardware

Antoine Verheijen antoine.verheijen@ualberta.ca
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:13:42 -0600

Actually, I have found that the performance of DB services can suffer
when you do this. File server functions run at a higher priority than
the DB functions so that the machine will respond to file services
before it responds to DB services. This can slow things noticably if
the DBs are locked for synchinization and the file services happen to
be very active.

--

Antoine Verheijen                  Email: antoine.verheijen@ualberta.ca
CNS Network Services               Phone: (780) 492-9312