db servers separate hardware

Patty OReilly oreilly@qualcomm.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:36:19 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks everyone for your input. My thoughts are that we need at least 3 db
servers for Ubik to work right otherwise we may find ourselves in a
situation with only read ability and no updates. Also, if availability and
speed is a requirement, we should separate the services. In the end,
management will decide and we will have to live with it. I don't think
money is an issue. They are just bent on reducing the number of servers
in the datacenter ;) .