Problem with Sun machines hanging

Colleen Hayase hayase@us.ibm.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:37:31 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry. Bob Cook's response (below)
looks very promising since Sun's analysis of our system also pointed to a
problem with AFS. Our Solaris 2.7 machines are at AFS 3.6 so we'll have to
upgrade them ASAP. Our 2.5.1 machines are at 3.4a version 5.74 and also
display the hanging behavior. Another group I work with run version 5.55 on
their 2.5.1 machines and haven't run into the same problem.

Colleen Hayase, EDA LAN Support
IBM East Fishkill, Bldg 334 2L14-423
hayase@us.ibm.com
(t/l) 533-8976, 845-894-8976