Marking a DB server to never be the sync site

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:05:27 -0500

>We will have 5 DB servers soon (2 of those at remote sites) and would
>very much like the servers at the remote sites to never be allowed to
>become the sync site.  Those 2 servers have lower IP addresses than
>our "core" 3 DB servers where 80% of all AFS work is done at HQ.

"Not in the base code".  Although ... if OpenAFS integrated the work
that Hartmut Reuter did (as part of MR-AFS) then that capability should
be available in OpenAFS (but I don't know the status of that).

--Ken