Marking a DB server to never be the sync site

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:12:20 -0500

John Lockard <jlockard@umich.edu> had said:

> Easiest solution?  Okay, even here at the U of Michigan that isn't
> easy.  I've got two sites.  141.211.184 and 141.211.203 the .184
> site is my remote site, but has the low IP address, just how easy
> do you think it will be to get another subnet from UMich, let alone
> someone working with "normal" nets?

Actually, I only claimed "simple", not "easy", and my main point
was that the code already almost does the right thing.

Although, now that you mention it, I believe I'm in the same building
as the UMnet folks, and 184 and 203 are just arbitrary numbers on
the same fiber ring - I'm sure they'd be willing to swap the two numbers
given sufficient encouragement...

				-Marcus Watts
				UM ITCS Umich Systems Group