[info-afs] Issue on OAFS client setup

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2017 09:15:48 -0500

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:41:01 -0500
charles yan <spring0401fun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got the following error while starting the AFS initialization script,
>
> [root@techycnt602 ~]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/openafs-client start
> Updating CellServDB:
> Starting openafs-client: afsd: enabling dynamically allocated vcaches
> afsd: My home cell is 'openafs.org'

This means the default client configation is being used. If you are setting
this up for your cell, you will need to configure the cellname in the client's
ThisCell file.  That should be located in /usr/vice/etc/ThisCell. Also,
you'll want to setup your /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB.local with the values for
your AFS db servers.

> afsd: cacheFiles autotuned to 3125
> afsd: dCacheSize autotuned to 2000
> afsd: cacheStatEntries autotuned to 3000
> afsd: Forking rx listener daemon.
> afsd: Forking rx callback listener.
> afsd: Forking rxevent daemon.
> afsd: Forking AFSDB lookup handler.
> afsd: Calling AFSOP_CACHEINIT: 3000 stat cache entries, 3125 optimum cache
> files, 100000 blocks in the cache, flags = 0x0, dcache entries 2000
> afsd: Sweeping workstation's AFS cache directory.
> afsd: 3125 out of 3125 data cache files found in sweep 1.
> afsd: Enabling dynroot support in kernel.
> afsd: Enabling fakestat support in kernel for crosscell mountpoints.
> afsd: Forking AFS daemon.
> afsd: Forking Check Server Daemon.
> afsd: Forking 4 background daemons.
> afsd: Error calling AFSOP_CACHEINODE: not configured

Seems to be an error initializing the cache files. Unfortunately, that
error message is less than helpful offhand.

> I'm not sure why this happened, checked /etc/sysconfig/openafs and it looks
> normal,
> [root@techycnt602 ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/openafs
> # OpenAFS Client Configuration
> AFSD_ARGS="-dynroot -fakestat -afsdb -verbose"
>
> # OpenAFS Server Configuration
> BOSSERVER_ARGS=
>
> Both /usr/vice/etc/ThisCell and /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB look normal too.

Those files are the server configuration files. The client side config files
are located under /usr/vice/etc (on rhel).

Also be sure to set up your cacheinfo file.

> I searched online and someone wrote the issue solved when she removed
> "-dynroot" option.  Well it didn't work for me...
>
> Any suggestions?

The openafs-info mail list gets more traffic, so you may want to post you
questions there.  See http://openafs.org for info about the mail lists.

Mike --

--
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>