AFS confused on Linux

Atro Tossavainen Atro.Tossavainen@helsinki.fi
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:51:57 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi,

I've just had the weirdest thing happen to me.

Out of the blue, my PC suddenly thought that /afs pointed to a sub-
directory of the Public directory in my home directory. AFS became
rather useless, and I had to reboot the computer.

This is Linux, with kernel 2.2.18 running afs3.6 2.0.

There's absolutely no system log entries to say anything about what
happened. /usr/vice/etc/AFSLog contains nothing, either.

There's nothing in the server logs, either.

What happened and how can I prevent this from happening again?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,