AFS + RAID?

Esther Filderman ecf@psc.edu
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 14:33:26 -0500

We have 3 or 4 [depending on the phase of the moon, I think] Sun UltraSparc 20s
that use 2 JetStor II RAID-5 boxen.  Each JetStor is divided into two arrays of
5 32(?)G disks, giving us around 100G per array.  On 2 of the systems, each
100G is divided into 6 AFS partitions.  On the 3rd, both arrays are mounted,
one as the first 6 partitions, with a 7th partition from one whole undivided
100G array.

We've had no real problems, although fsck time often seems to be almost as long
as the time it takes to run a full salvage.

e.