AIX Mail stored in AFS space

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:18:53 -0500 (EST)

Gregory:

You must be leaving out MANY details (such as how you handle permissions,
.forward files, filtering, etc) which can add complexity to setting
something such as this up.

We made some headway against some of the problems last year, but never
completely worked it out.  So we too are still using NFS mounted mail
directories to our imap and pop servers (and select workstations where uses
insist on using 'mail'); it works pretty well and scales fine for our small
cell.

That said, I'm still very interested to hear how other cells have solved
this problem.

Cheers,
Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C