guidelines for max volume sizes

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:31:15 -0500

I had queried Transarc on this subject in the past. They told me the
main
reason for the limitations of the volume size was to guarantee backups.
That is, creating backup volumes and doing backups to tape. You can run
backups on larger volumes but if you do and have problems with backups
they will not support this configuration.

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko@cs.unc.edu         Computer Science Dept., CB 3175