sun4x_58 libs broken? (reauth, ssh fail to work.)

Atro Tossavainen Atro.Tossavainen@helsinki.fi
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:48:25 +0200 (EET)

Transarc:

I believe some of the AFS libraries for sun4x_58 are broken. Perfectly
well written programs that work on sun4x_57 and other platforms don't
work when compiled on sun4x_58. They try to issue non-existent system
calls and fail, of course.

List, and explanation for the above:

Hi,

Has anybody used reauth successfully under Solaris 8?

When I tried to use the binary I had compiled earlier under Solaris 7 it
complained "Unable to authenticate to AFS because a pioctl failed", so I
recompiled under Solaris 8, but keep getting the same error. It's not a
password matter -- giving the wrong password produces the expected error
message.

I then trussed my reauth attempts to see what's going on. Comparing to
logs from working installations, where you'd expect to see AFS syscalls
in truss logs, the program tries to issue sys#73() and fails with Err#89
ENOSYS, followed by signal #12, SIGSYS. The number 73 rang a bell so I
checked and sure enough, afs is 73 in /etc/name_to_sysnum on Solaris 7,
but 65 on Solaris 8.

I am _fairly_ certain I am linking against the sun4x_58 libraries
provided in 3.6 Patch 1, not the sun4x_57 libraries.

On a different but probably related note, I'm also having problems
getting the AFS-enabled (thanks, Dug) SSH 1.2.27 to work on Solaris 8.
I don't get tokens at login and the .Xauthority files are not generated
in /tmp like they usually are with the patch. The truss logs show the
same sys#73() issue.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,