sun4x_58 libs broken? (reauth, ssh fail to work.)

Atro Tossavainen Atro.Tossavainen@helsinki.fi
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:18:56 +0200 (EET)

Len,

> 	One problem we've run into is that Transarc only supplies the AFS
> libraries in 32 bit mode. We are doing just about everything in 64 bit
> mode. When we compile in 64bit, 32 bit libraries can be silently dropped
> from the compile. Are you trying to compile reauth in 64 bit mode?

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't even thought of that -- but it's not
the case.

The reauth Makefile is rather generic and doesn't specify an architecture
at all. I believe SUNWspro 5.0, which is what I'm using, generates 32-bit
code by default unless you explicitly specify -xarch=v9 which I didn't do.

Indeed, if you _do_ request 64-bit with the -xarch=v9 flag (I tried now
that you mentioned it), linking reauth fails -- AFS symbols are undefined
in the 64-bit space as you've pointed out and the final binary can't be
produced.

Regards,
--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,