Latest Windows AFS patch 3.6-2.18 does not work...

Steve Ostrove ostrove@umbc.edu
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:44:17 -0400

--------------7796940BF52DC520E59D8720

Somewhat related to this...

3.6-2.18 seems to work fine... until the processor goes to 100% and stays there!

This seems to happen after I've left myself logged in overnight.  I seem to
remember this being a problem in a previous release.  It was supposedly fixed in
both a microsoft hotfix AND in the code.  Is it possible that the code fix
didn't make it to this release?

Thanks in advance.
--

Stephen Joyce wrote:

> Yep.  I asked IBM/Transarc about it and they said that the affected file is
> C:\Program Files\IBM\AFS\Client\Programs\afs_shl_ext.dll .  Somehow the
> menus got left off in the latest build--go figure!
>
> They sent a new file to me as an attachment, but it appears to be the same
> length as the file in the previous build; you could probably grab it from
> there.  You'll have to rename the current file (since it's in use), replace
> it, and restart (at least the service if not the computer).  Let me know if
> this doesn't work and I'll send you the file (I would rather not send an
> attachment to the entire list).
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen
> --
>
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Steven Tender wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else noticed that the latest version of the Windows 2000 AFS
> > client is missing the contextual menu?  IBM...any comments?
> >
> > -steve

--------------7796940BF52DC520E59D8720

begin:vcard
n:Ostrove;Steven M.
tel;fax:410-455-1065
tel;work:410-455-2992
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Maryland Baltimore County;Office of Information Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:ostrove@umbc.edu
title:Desktop LAN Coordinator
adr;quoted-printable:;;1000 Hilltop Circle=0D=0AECS Bldg, Room 126E;Baltimore;Maryland;21250;
fn:Steven M. Ostrove
end:vcard

--------------7796940BF52DC520E59D8720--