adding afs users without new volumes, mountpoints

Joel_Tompkins@bc.com Joel_Tompkins@bc.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:04:59 -0600

Please excuse a real "newbie" question, but I want to setup users who are
web developers, and I want their default mount-points to be volumes already
created on the system. However, the book says I have to have a V line in my
uss template, which wants to create a new volume and mount point for every
new user. Even the page about issuing individual commands uses vos create
and fs mkmount commands (besides being very uninformative as to syntax,
etc.). All I really want to do is point them to their development area when
they log in. Is there a way to do this, or will afs just assign it to the
user if it is already created without generating an error? Also, is there an
archive for the list so I don't rehash ground already covered? Thanks!!!

Joel Tompkins
Senior Information Systems Engineer
Boise Cascade Corporation
208-384-6415
joel_tompkins@bc.com

Brilliance is like four wheel drive, it allows a person to get stuck in even
more remote places. - Garrison Keillor