Delete server from NT GUI???

Joel_Tompkins@bc.com Joel_Tompkins@bc.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:31:47 -0600

Here's one: Some middleware folks restored an AIX server from a sysback that
had an old copy of AFS server on it. I didn't check carefully for /usr/afs,
and when I went to reinstall a CLIENT for afs, the initial run of rc.afs
picked up the SERVER files and tried to run like a server. I stopped it
right away and got the server unistalled and the client installed. On the
AIX side, everything is fine, but my NT (actually Windows2000) AFS software
picked up this server name as a server and won't let go of it. I found and
deleted references in the registry, but it still wants to come up and scan
for it, and still puts an icon (with a question mark), up with the icons of
the real afs servers. It is not listed in CellServDB, or anywhere else that
I can find. I even tried scanning my c: drive for any file containing that
server name. I can't see any tool or option in the NT software that will let
me get rid of that server reference. Anybody got any ideas?? Thanks!!!

Joel Tompkins
Senior Information Systems Engineer
Boise Cascade Corporation
208-384-6415
joel_tompkins@bc.com

Brilliance is like four wheel drive, it allows a person to get stuck in even
more remote places. - Garrison Keillor