short cell name

Joel_Tompkins@bc.com Joel_Tompkins@bc.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:17:55 -0600

Hi! Another bonehead question, I suppose: When I did the initial install of
afs, I did not create a short cellname symbolic link. Now when I cd to /afs
and try to create it, I get "ln: the file system has read permission only".
I have tried it as aix root and as afs system:admin. I have checked the aix
permissions (drwxrwxrwx and drwxrwx---), and afs acls (system:admins
rlidwka). Can't figure out why it is not allowing the creation of the
symbolic link. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Joel Tompkins
Senior Information Systems Engineer
Boise Cascade Corporation
208-384-6415
joel_tompkins@bc.com

Brilliance is like four wheel drive, it allows a person to get stuck in even
more remote places. - Garrison Keillor