Problems with upgrading to Solaris 7 & AFS 3.5 Patch 5 on database servers...

James Prater jprater@alw.nih.gov
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:19:39 -0500

Hi Harald,
    We tried the AFS 3.5 patch 6 binaries after I sent out the request for
info/help... the new code still has not resolved the problem. With patch 6,
as with patch 5: login still fails; although klog works. This new release
code is worse than Transarc's pre-IBM updates IMHO. If we utilise the
kaserver from the AFS 3.5 patch 3 binaries (since we somehow missed
downloading the patch 4 code and it is now unavailable?) all seems well,
although I am concerned that the kerberos v4 buffer overflow code fix is not
included. Has anyone successfully integrated kerberos v5 into an AFS cell
with recent kerberos v5 release (it seems that the migration kit does not
support the  the latest versions), or does anyone have any pointers for this?
This might be a better solution as one is not dependent on IBM?
Thanks,
Jim
---