afsd_services.exe taking up 99% of CPU on Win2k

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:52:52 -0500 (EST)

While on the issue of AFS for Win2K, does anyone have any experience
compiling AFS from source on Windows (3.6-2.5)?  Maybe it's that
Microsoft Visual Studio is not intuitive; maybe it's that there's next to
no documentation on how to re-compile AFS... but I'm having difficulties.

I'm (too) familiar with software compilations on unix, but not Windows.
Does anyone have any pointers or would anyone volunteer to answer a few
questions?

PS.  I submitted a support request to Transarc/IBM for cookbook
instructions for recompiling the Win2K client from source over a week ago
but haven't received any reply.

Cheers,
Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C