afsd_services.exe taking up 99% of CPU on Win2k

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:06:38 -0500

I have found if you are disconnected from the network for more
then a few seconds that the afsd_service.exe pegs the cpu.
Try bringing up the Task Manager, unplug your system from the
network and watch the afsd process. If you plug back in this does
not fix, rebooting is eminent.

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko@cs.unc.edu         Computer Science Dept., CB 3175