afsd_services.exe taking up 99% of CPU on Win2k

Dinh Ly dly@qualcomm.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:29:42 -0800

Hello,

I just recently set up a machine with AFS Client v.3.6 b2.5 for
Win2k.  After working for a while, the machine is suddenly dragged down by
the AFS service.  The machine is not working as a server, so the service
shouldn't be running overtime.  Anyone seen anything like this before?  The
machine has SMS installed on it, and so I had to do the registry fix to get
the client to work in the first place.  Aside from that, the only other
thing I could think is that it might have something to do with a script the
machine runs sometimes to obtain tokens.

Thanks,
-Dinh

Dinh Ly
Qualcomm Inc.