recognize enlarged partition

Joel_Tompkins@bc.com Joel_Tompkins@bc.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 13:25:02 -0600

I had an error on a client where the cache size stated in
/usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo was larger than the actual vicecache partition, but
instead of lowering the cache size, I decided I preferred to have the larger
cache, so I extended the vicecache partition to 125% of the stated cache
size (AIX 4.3.3), then increased the file system. However, when the cache
manager starts up, I still get the same error, as it is not recognizing that
the partition is now larger than the cacheinfo size. I cannot find any AFS
files stating the size of the partition, so does anyone know where it is
getting that info? I need to get it corrected. Thanks!!!!

Joel Tompkins
Senior Information Systems Engineer
Boise Cascade Corporation
208-384-6415
joel_tompkins@bc.com

"I know not with what weapons World War III
will be fought, but World War IV will be
fought with sticks and stones."
- Albert Einstein