Windows with Krb5

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Thu, 10 May 2001 16:46:53 -0400

We just installed Patch 2 (AFS 3.6 2.14) on a couple of Windows 2000
boxes and they both exhibit the same behavior.  The kerberos request
packet they are sending is malformed, causing the following message in
the (MIT K5 1.2.1) KDC log:

    krb5kdc: Invalid message type - while dispatching

The client -- after timing out to all the KDCs, since it never gets a
reply -- displays:

    The AFS client was unable to obtain tokens as kwc in cell umich.edu
    Error: 56 (Authentication Server was unavailable)

Anyone else seen this?

K.C.