IBM model of AFS support?

Gerhard Gonter gonter@maestria.wu-wien.ac.at
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:39:22 +0200 (MES)

According to R.Ries@tu-bs.de:
> In Germany we managed to get a support contract for 3 Servers and
> 2 years inclusive updates (after having a lot of confusion) through
> IBM and an IBM Advanced Business Partner. The price is for the academic
> community and is about 3500,- DM plus VAT per Server for 2 years,
> 2700,- DM plus VAT per Server for 1 year.

Hmm...  That's not bad.  "Registered entities" are not used in the
license fee calculation?

The first quote we got from IBM was EUR 436000 for one year, but we
were kindly offered a 50% rebate.  Our last Transarc fee was something
like EUR 14500.  We were not amused about that.

+gg

--
Gerhard.Gonter@wu-wien.ac.at  Fax: +43/1/31336/702  g.gonter@ieee.org
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria