cron on AFS files]

Martin Gasthuber martin@mail.desy.de
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 20:11:46 +0100

Hi,

  we run AFS for a few years now and from day one we ran into the problem of
letting cron jobs running on AFS files. Several years ago we installed a piece
of software developed by CERN which submits the jobs (like cron) together with
a vald AFS token (that's the good thing). This systems has some intrinsic
scalability problems and we see more and more problems with it. Now the
question: Did somebody has another solution for this type of problem ?? We
thought about using a batch system like LSF which has the ability to
re-getting a valid ticket at the time the job runs.

Regards,
  Martin

--
Martin Gasthuber -- DESY/Hamburg -- Head of Systems & Networks in IT
snail Notkestrasse 85 22607 Hamburg/Germany