Problems with upgrading to Solaris 7 & AFS 3.5 Patch 5 on database servers...

James Prater jprater@alw.nih.gov
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:29:28 -0500

Hi everyone,
    Today I am attempting to migrate my AFS database servers from
Solaris 2.5.1 running AFS 3.4 5.74 to AFS 3.6 patch 1. All of my
fileservers have been running AFS 3.5 3.52 for some time now without
problems.
    Although, I can klog and pts ex and kas ex after the upgrade, all of
the kerberos dependent code ('ssh', 'sudo', and 'ktelnet') no longer
function with kerberisation. 'ssh -v <destination hostname> shows the
following error: '<initiating hostname>:Kerberos V4 krb_mk_req failed:
Service expired (kerberos)'. I have verified the CellServDB, KeyFile,
ThisCell, UserList, and License files, as well as added an /etc/ksrvtab
and /etc/krb.conf and /etc/krb.realms file.
    Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? We are very dependent
on ssh and kerberos in our cell, and I would be severely disappointed to
downgrade again to have another troublesome upgrade encounter.
Thanks for any assistance,
        Jim Prater