Latest Windows AFS patch 3.6-2.18 still broken?

Steve Ostrove ostrove@umbc.edu
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:46:14 -0400

--------------316E9F1C403214BF7B886BA0

Is it me, or has anyone else tested the latest release of the AFS Windows client
and found that it's still broken when used with a non-IBM KDC?

I just loaded the latest and greatest patch, 3.6-2.18, and I get the following
error:

The AFS Client was unable to obtain tokens as ostrove in cell umbc.edu.

Error: 56 (Authentication Server was unavailable)

This is the same error the 3.6-2.14 level produced.

I can't believe that IBM released this to the public with such a glaring issue
unresolved.  Or am I missing something?
--------------316E9F1C403214BF7B886BA0

begin:vcard
n:Ostrove;Steven M.
tel;fax:410-455-1065
tel;work:410-455-2992
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Maryland Baltimore County;Office of Information Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:ostrove@umbc.edu
title:Desktop LAN Coordinator
adr;quoted-printable:;;1000 Hilltop Circle=0D=0AECS Bldg, Room 126E;Baltimore;Maryland;21250;
fn:Steven M. Ostrove
end:vcard

--------------316E9F1C403214BF7B886BA0--